Pennies for Change

Thank you for your interest in this program!

The Pennies for Change program is one of the Co-op’s many giving programs. Customers can donate their change to our community partners by rounding at the registers to the next full dollar amount.

The Co-op’s Board of Directors has established the following policy on cooperative giving and are organized under the following four themes:

  • Food assistance to alleviate hunger,
  • Community building (including support of regional agriculture),
  • Promotion of cooperative principles and activities
  • Environment, energy and sustainability.

    All applicants must be a 501(c) 3 organization. If you have any questions, please call 603-640-6340 or email aprilharkness [at] coopfoodstore.com (April Harkness.)

    Fund Distribution

    Of the funds collected each month, 60 percent goes to our food access partners: LISTEN Community Services, Upper Valley Haven, and Willing Hands. The remaining 40 percent will be split between two other community partners. These two partners change on a monthly basis.

    Deadlines

    Funds have already been allocated through December 2018. If you’d like apply for 2019, there will be two cycles of application deadlines:

    FIRST DEADLINE: September 1st, 2018 (applicants will be notified of decisions November 2018)
    SECOND DEADLINE: April 1st, 2019 (applicants will be notified of decisions June 2019)



    ­




    Fund Distribution

    Of the funds collected each month, 60 percent goes to our food access partners: LISTEN Community Services, Upper Valley Haven, and Willing Hands. The remaining 40 percent will be split between two other community partners. These two partners change on a monthly basis.

    Community Partners

    Community partners will be assigned as a 30 percent or 10 percent partner based on alignment with the four themes listed above.

    Thank You Notes

    Here are some Thank You Notes from community partners we have helped so far.


    Pennies for Change Totals

    Total Member Donations Since June 2016: $658,509.18
    Total Collected January 2019: $16,533.80
    Total Collected YTD 2019: $16,533.80

    January Food Access Recipients

    Listen: $3,306.76
    Haven: $3,306.76
    Willing Hands: $3,306.76

    January Community Partners

    Friends of Mascoma Foundation:: $4,960.14
    United Valley Interfaith Project: $1,653.38

  • Hanover Store
    45 South Park St.
    Hanover, NH 03755
    (603) 643-2667
    7 am-8 pm

    Lebanon Store
    12 Centerra Pkwy
    Lebanon, NH 03766
    (603) 643-4889
    7 am-9 pm

    WRJ Store
    209 Maple St.
    WRJ, VT 05001
    (802) 295-3400
    7 am-8 pm

    Co-op Market
    43 Lyme Road
    Hanover, NH 03755
    (603) 643-2725
    M-F: 6 am-8 pm
    S-S: 7 am-8 pm

    Service Center
    –Hanover

    51 South Park St.
    Hanover, NH 03755
    (603) 643-6650
    M-F:8am-4:30pm
    Sat: 8 am-12 pm

    Service Center
    –Norwich

    63 US 5 South
    Norwich, VT 05055
    (603) 640-6389
    M-F: 7:30 am-4:30 pm

    Co-op Kitchen
    193 A St.
    Wilder, VT 05088
    (603) 442-4406
    M-F: 6 am-2 pm